Rainforest Alberta - Connector is an informal get-together for Edmonton entrepreneurs at all stages (from ideation to exiting), small business owners, and ecosystem helpers looking to encourage and promote collisions between people and create connections that will help drive the success of entrepreneurs in Alberta's innovation system.
Join us to meet new like-minded people, celebrate successes and learn from failures, and build a community that supports and promotes entrepreneurship across the Province.
While in the room, we practice the values expressed in the Rainforest Social Contract.
- 4:00 PM Check-In
- 4:20 PM Welcome & Introduction of the Rainforest
- 4:30 PM Entrepreneur Profile
- 5:00 PM Roundtable Connections
- 6:00 PM End
You should come prepared to discuss who you are, what interested you in the Rainforest, what you are working on, and how you can help others in the room.
What is the Rainforest?
Rainforest Alberta is an informal initiative to support Alberta's innovation ecosystems. The traditional way of doing things simply doesn't work anymore, and we want Albertan's to know that they won't have to move away to invent, prosper, or build an innovative business.
Learn more about Rainforest Alberta - yeg.
Who should attend a Rainforest event?
- Anyone interested in starting or growing an innovation-based business in Alberta
- Former entrepreneurs and business owners looking to share their experience and give back to the community that helped make them successful
- Anyone exploring entrepreneurship as a potential career path
- Individuals or companies who provide services to entrepreneurs at any stage of growth, from pre-start to growth to succession
- Anyone interested in improving the culture of innovation and trust in Alberta, making a meaningful impact on the growth of the emerging innovation economy, or individuals who want to be part of the solution
- Researchers, inventors, or makers who are looking for help in making their idea a reality