Competing at all means competing globally. Growing your business in today’s increasingly interconnected age means accepting this reality.
Opportunities abroad have never been more abundant or more accessible, and your competitors are certainly taking advantage already.
But it is a long way from Old Strathcona to New York, from Jasper Avenue to Japan. Exporting to new markets is a lot of work—you will need all the assistance that you can find. Over the past 15 months, our team at EEDC, in partnership with the Edmonton Chamber of Commerce, have run the Trade Accelerator Program in Edmonton to provide that assistance. Here are some of the highlights:
- We have run 6 TAP cohorts consisting of 24 workshop days for 66 different companies.
- The bulk of these companies have successfully graduated with a market entry plan in place that they are ready to execute.
- To date, TAP graduates have successfully entered into markets as far-reaching as Indonesia, USA, Japan, Australia, the European Union, and Mexico, with more to come.
- TAP participants have come from a wide diversity of local industries, from medical devices, to breweries, to skincare, to food products, to manufacturing, and many more.
- EEDC and the Chamber of Commerce have worked with over 20 sponsors and community partners, such as Health City, Alberta Innovates, Alberta Enterprise, and many more, to bring companies the networks and the export assistance necessary for success.