The Shaw Conference Centre is currently seeking a full-time Kitchen Porter to join our Stewarding Department. This position is responsible to carry out a variety of work within the stewarding department in order for it to run smoothly. The main areas of work will include: the preparation of coffee, delivery of food items and making sure the food preparation areas are kept clean and hygienic.
• Clean and maintain coffee vessels and brewing stations/rooms
• Ensures coffee and juice requirements are met for functions
• Clean and maintain Alto Shams
• Food delivery to function rooms and service stations
• Clean and maintain Chafer, Tureen, Heat Lamp and Ice Sculpture drip tray
• Delivery and Placement of Chafer, Tureen, Heat Lamp, Ice Sculpture/Tray
• Assist in re stocking kitchen cookware
• Assist kitchen staff with service
• A minimum of 1-year experience in the Hospitality industry in the food and beverage division.
• A minimum of High School education
• WHMIS, First Aid and Food Safety Certificate would be an assets
• Background in a food-handling or cleaning capacity would be an asset
• Excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to work in a highly-demanded, ever-changing environment.
• Ability to prioritize, assess problems and make prompt decisions.
• Have some mechanical knowledge—flexible with working with minor repair tools.
• Ability to interpret and practice Occupational Health and Safety standards accordingly
• Ability to lift and carry 50lbs
• Must be flexible—24/7 availability
Interested applicants are invited to forward their resume and cover letter, quoting posting number #14-01 by January 24, 2014.
Human Resources Department
Shaw Conference Centre
9797 Jasper Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta T5J 1N9
FAX: (780) 917-7886
E-MAIL: email@example.com – (single attachment only)
SCC thanks all applicants, however only qualified individuals will be contacted.