Prepare Your Resume/CV
To get a good job, you need a good resumé. A resumé (sometimes called Curriculum Vitae) is a 1 or 2 page summary of your education and work history. A good resumé is essential for your job search. It’s a quick way for your potential employer to get to know who you are and what kind of work experience you will bring to the job.
The most important thing to remember is that your resumé should be clear, concise, well organized, and demonstrate your competence.
Tips on how to write a resumé
- Alberta Government Learning Information Services provides general information about looking for work. It includes preparing an effective resumé.
- Career Services Information of The Edmonton Mennonite Centre for Newcomers has a complete resource on getting work in Edmonton.
- FoundLocally provides straightforward but comprehensive information about how to prepare for job hunting, interviews, and resumé writing.
- Service Canada is a Government of Canada site that offers a number of tools available to help you search job listings, create a résumé, choose a career, and assess your skills.
- The Bredin Institute Youth Connections Program is a resource for people age 16-24 and provides no-cost assistance to take successful steps towards career and educational goals.