Buying a Home
Choosing a home to buy is one of life’s biggest decisions. The Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation provides an overview of the different types of housing available, along with related, helpful information.
Other Sources of Helpful Information
- Canadian Home Builders Association (Edmonton Region) is informative about building, buying, and renovating houses.
- Capital Region Housing Corporation gives affordable options, including subsidized housing for low-income families. This site is comprehensive, with links to application forms and tenant support services.
- ComFree - Commission Free Realty allows buyers to view homes online with photos, virtual tours, detailed information, discounted legal fees and more. Comfree also publishes a full-color magazine showcasing all listings for sale, which can be picked up at Safeway, Sobeys, Mac's, 7-11 and elsewhere.
- Edmonton Housing Market Outlook reports on the vacancy rate and price of apartments, investment properties, office space, industrial space, and retail properties.
- Edmonton Journal Homes - For Sale has searchable listings.
- Edmonton Real Estate Board informs about buying a home, working with real estate agents, legal and financial issues. It contains a quick link to Multiple Listing Service for homebuyers.
- Housing Market Activity lists current average house prices in Edmonton.
- How Realtors Help contains valuable information about the entire home-buying process.
- Multiple Listing Service is a searchable database that lists homes for sale in Edmonton.
Getting a Mortgage
- Alberta Mortgage Brokers Association (AMBA) provides information about acquiring a mortgage, including a list of mortgage brokers, mortgage calculators, and information to protect the consumer.
- Canadian Mortgage and Housing Corporation is a national site that has general information about buying, renting, and renovating homes, as well as detailed information and links about housing costs, financial assistance programs, legal information, and specialized housing issues.