Edmonton offers a full spectrum of indoor and outdoor sports for all ages and abilities, from recreational to professional.
Regularly attracting world-class sporting events, Edmonton will soon play host to some iconic spectacles. Run, bike or swim your way to the ITU Triathlon World Cup, with race week in Edmonton from June 22 - 23. Get into the swing of things with the CN Canadian Women's Open. With the world's best battling for the trophy, Edmonton is the place to see all the action from August 19 - 25. Pedal your way to the Tour of Alberta, which kicks off in Edmonton on September 3, and will be the first pro cycling race of its kind in Canada!
The Big Leagues
It’s always a thrill to watch the city’s finest at play.
• Edmonton Eskimos - CFL Football
• Edmonton Oilers - NHL Hockey
• Edmonton Oil Kings - WHL Hockey
• Edmonton Rush - National Lacrosse League
• FC Edmonton - North American Soccer League
• Northlands Park - Thoroughbred and harness racing, slot machines, gaming and dining
• Oil City Derby Girls - Roller Derby
• U of A Golden Bears and Pandas
Edmonton is Your Golf Destination
With mid-summer daylight lasting 17 hours, it’s no wonder the Edmonton region boasts more than 84 courses. Choose from riverside urban to rolling rural golf courses. Pick up a Visitors Guide for a list of golf courses, or use our handy tool here!
Some of the Edmonton area's finest courses include: RedTail Landing Golf Club - located north of the Edmonton International Airport, The Ranch Golf & Country Club - located west of Edmonton, Goose Hummock Golf Resort in Gibbons, Northern Bear Golf Club - a Jack Nicklaus signature course in Sherwood Park, Devon Golf and Country Club - just southwest of Edmonton, and Putting Horse Ranch in Spruce Grove, a course devoted to putting!
Edmonton River Valley Golf Courses. Three public golf courses dot the river valley: the historic Victoria, the challenging Riverside and the relaxed Rundle. 780-496-4710
Rundle Park Disc Golf. Save on green fees with a game at this free public nine-hole frisbee golf course.
Venues offering sports and fitness with a shot of fun.
• Kinsmen Sports Centre - Two indoor tracks, badminton, squash, racquetball, volleyball, tennis (indoors and out), aquatic area, table tennis, basketball, weights, personal training, pitch and putt, large outdoor playground and fitness centre.
• Edmonton Leisure Centres - Offering pools, hot tubs, saunas, fitness equipment, tracks, children’s areas and more.
• Dow Centennial Centre - Includes a soccer pitch, ice arena, gymnasium and theatre.
• Strathcona County Millennium Place - Features indoor wave pool, competition pool, ice arenas, leisure ice rink with skate rental, playground zone, soccer fields, gymnasium, running track, fitness centre and outdoor skateboard park.
• Terwillegar Community Recreation Centre - Contains an aquatics centre, fitness centre, children’s wing, arena, and commercial spaces.
• TransAlta Tri Leisure Centre - Featuring a water slide, kids water park, ice skating, hockey, soccer fields, running track, fitness centre, playground zone.
• Servus Credit Union Place - Water play centre, leisure ice, arenas, fitness/wellness centre, indoor track, training centre and more.