Whether you are strolling through a large shopping centre like West Edmonton Mall, checking out the exclusive shops on Whyte Avenue, or wandering through a farmers' market, Edmonton is a great place to patronize.
The Streets of Edmonton
Street shopping is a great way to experience Edmonton and our charming communities.
• Old Strathcona - Whyte Avenue in Old Strathcona has been named one of Canada’s five best shopping neighbourhoods with over 600 businesses
• Downtown - Jasper Avenue is the heart of Edmonton’s business district, as well as offering great shopping.
• Chinatown and the Avenue of Nations (north of downtown). A mix of ethnic shops reflects the cultures of China, Japan, Italy, Latin America, Poland, Ukraine and Vietnam.
• 124th Street - An attractive residential area, a specialty shopping district and a centre for the arts.
• 104th Street - A sophisticated neighbourhood in the heart of Edmonton, 4th Street Promenade offers trendy shops and unique boutiques.
The Malls of Edmonton
Edmonton is home to a variety of shopping venues from neighbourhood malls, large power centres, to one of the world’s largest malls.
• West Edmonton Mall - North America’s largest entertainment and shopping centre which features over 800 stores and services.
• Kingsway Garden Mall - Features over 200 stores and services located in the centre of Edmonton.
• Edmonton City Centre Mall - In the heart of downtown, this four-story mall features over 150 stores.
• Southgate Centre - A convenient one-stop shopping and fashion destination with 165 exciting stores and services.
• Mayfield Common - A full service, box-style shopping centre located in the west end of the city.
• South Edmonton Common - Canada’s largest retail power centre with major retail outlets spread over 320 acres.
• Londonderry Mall - The mall features over 150 stores and services to suit your lifestyle, whether its fashion, furnishings or sporting goods.
The Communities of Greater Edmonton
Looking for a shopping road trip with a difference
• Devon - Check out the unique shopping, adventure and attractions along the Devonian Way
• Fort Saskatchewan - Take in the history, trails and shopping.
• Leduc - Enjoy farmers’ markets, numerous stores, restaurants and services.
• Mundare - This community is home to the Basilian Fathers Museum, and Stawnichy Meat Processing Plant famous for their Ukrainian sausage.
• St. Albert - Home to one of the largest outdoor Farmers’ Markets in Western Canada. Enjoy the specialty shops downtown or visit attractions like the Musee Heritage Museum.
• Spruce Grove - Check out the art galleries, shops and services.
• Stony Plain - Stroll downtown and visit the many unique shops on historic Main Street.
• Strathcona County - A full range of shops in Sherwood Park, the county’s urban centre.