In Edmonton, the young (and young at heart) find fun around every corner.
Grab your skis, snowboards and toboggans and race down snowy Edmonton hills.
- Edmonton Ski Club - Ski and snowboard minutes from Downtown Edmonton - 780.465.0852
- Rabbit Hill Snow Resort - Greater Edmonton's largest ski and snowboard resort - 780.955.2440
- Snow Valley - Downhill skiing and snowboarding. Located off the Whitemud Freeway (on 199 Street) - 780.434.3991
- Toboganning Areas - Several hills are prepared by City of Edmonton for safe sliding - 780.496.2966.
Choose from a variety of arenas and outdoor skating venues in the region.
- City of Edmonton Arenas - Mulitple locations - in Edmonton - 311 or outside Edmonton - 780.442.5311.
- Dow Centennial Centre - 8700 84 Street, Fort Saskatchewan - 780.992.6400.
- Leduc Recreation Centre- 4330 Black Gold Drive, Leduc - 780.980.7120.
- Millenium Place - 2000 Premier Way, Sherwood Park - 780.416.3300.
- River Cree Twin Rinks - 300 East Lapotac Boulevard, Enoch - 780.484.2121.
- Servus Place - 400 Campbell Road, St. Albert - 780.418.6088.
- TransAlta TriLeisure Centre - 221 Campsite Road, Spruce Grove - 780.960.5080.
- West Edmonton Mall Ice Palace - 8882 170 Street, Edmonton - 780.444.5290.
- Alberta Legislature
- Hawrelak Park
- Jackie Parker Park
- Lacombe Lake Park
- Millwoods Campus Park
- Rundle Park (ACT)
- Victoria Park Oval
Make a Splash
Choose from a delightful variety of indoor and fun wave pools.
- Commonwealth Community Recreation Centre - Features leisure pool with spray features, waterslide and aquatic climbing wall.
- Kinsmen Leisure Centre - Features family waterslide, kid’s pool, spiral fountains and a seasonal outdoor water park.
- Millenium Place - Features a wave pool, lap pool, and water playground.
- Mill Woods Recreation Centre - Features a large wave pool, fitness centre and outdoor activity opportunities.
- Servus Credit Union Place - Over 25 spray and water features, including a river ride and two giant waterslides. )
- Terwillegar Community Recreation Centre - Includes a wave pool with spray features, tot pool, and a variety of indoor fitness opportunities.
- TransAlta Tri Leisure Centre - Includes a leisure pool with play structure and water features, an indoor waterslide and children’s area.
- World Waterpark, West Edmonton Mall - The world’s largest indoor wave pool and tallest indoor permanent bungee tower, with more than 17 unique waterslides.
Spots for Tots
There are plenty of fun and educational things to do when travelling with tots.
- Art Gallery of Alberta - The World of Creativity is an interactive, hands-on space where children and grown-ups alike can explore their creativity.
- Devonian Botanic Garden - Beautiful indoor displays of succulents, tropical butterflies, and orchids. Open during winter for special events and education courses.
- John Janzen Nature Centre - The Tegler Discovery Zone is an indoor play area that recreates local wildlife habitat.
- TELUS World of Science – Edmonton - The new early childhood development gallery, Discoveryland, engage and excite visitors with five themed interactive galleries.
- Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village - Costumed role players in historic buildings.
- West Edmonton Mall - Play at Galaxyland Amusement Park, Galaxy Kids Playpark, World Waterpark and Caribbean Cove.