Site Selection for Business in Edmonton
Strong Resource Based Economy
Edmonton is a hotbed of economic activity with over $141 Billion worth of investment happening or planned in the region. As the closest major city to Alberta’s Oil Sands – the second largest crude oil reserve in the world – Edmonton is the research, manufacturing, transportation, and services hub for Alberta’s oil and gas sector.
Innovation for prosperity and posterity
Edmonton is recognized by the Conference Board of Canada as one of the most economically diverse cities in the country with a growing innovation based economy. Our burgeoning life sciences, nanotechnology, digital media, and financial services sectors are experiencing exponential year over growth and have positioned Edmonton as a destination for those looking to expand and grow their businesses.
Business climate geared for success
A young, friendly, metropolitan city located at a strategic cross-road for trade; Edmonton’s business climate offers companies a strong foundation for success:
- Favorable tax environment – Edmonton benefits from the lowest provincial tax structure in the country as Alberta has no provincial sales, capital, payroll or machinery and equipment taxes.
- Young skilled workforce – Edmonton’s median workforce age is well below the national median and is sustained by over 150,000 full and part time students in the area. The Northern Alberta Institute of Technology trains more apprentices than any other school in Canada, and the University of Alberta and their renowned faculties of Computer Science, Medicine, Business and the largest Engineering program in western Canada, help to ensure the future workforce.
- Access to Markets – Edmonton is serviced by one of Canada’s fastest growing airports, offering over 50 non-stop domestic, national and international destinations and currently undergoing a one billion dollar expansion plan for enhanced cargo and passenger travel. Edmonton is also a major continental railway hub and the largest urban centre to the Port of Prince Rupert; the closest and deepest port servicing the growing Asian markets.
EEDC helps companies from around the world establish new businesses in Edmonton:
- Business Plan Assistance: We will provide your business with regional business data and assist in its interpretation.
- Regional Business Connections: We will bring key players, such as industry, civic leaders and government agencies, around the table for discussions regarding the location process.
- Real Estate Information: We will connect you with real estate resources, such as a real estate agent to assist in the development of detailed plans, industrial land information or impartial real estate surveys.
For additional information