Transportation and Logistics
The efficient movement of people, goods and commodities has always been an essential part of Edmonton life and business. We are:
- Home to Canada’s fastest-growing major airport, serving 6 million passengers a year (that’s equivalent to five takeoffs or landings for each resident).
- At an intersection of Canada’s two transcontinental railways.
- The logistics and distribution hub for northern Alberta.
- The heart and brains of a pipeline network that supplies energy across North America.
- The first large city on the route for goods moving by container from the Asia-Pacific region via Prince Rupert, B.C., to the North American heartland.
With strong support from government and business, Edmonton continues to invest in its road, rails and airports. That’s because we have a need to keep moving.
To learn more about Edmonton as a hub for transportation and logistics, contact:
Manager, Industry Development