Passionate about words? Ever find yourself looking for that perfect phrase or sound bite?
Our Communications Specialist opening may just be your next career challenge. From crafting superlative executive speeches to creating compelling content to getting the word out, this position is ideal for a professional communicator in search of the next big challenge all the while promoting Edmonton and its offerings.
Edmonton Economic Development Corporation is responsible for providing leadership to the economic growth strategy for Edmonton and the Capital Region. We will realize our vision of Edmonton as Canada’s economic and entrepreneurial powerhouse by inspiring a culture of entrepreneurship, innovation and competitiveness that forever differentiates our city. EEDC also markets Edmonton as a tourist destination and manages the Shaw Conference Centre and Edmonton Research Park.
- Reporting to the Communications Director, the Communications Specialist will:
- Create and implement communications strategies to support client projects
- Craft content for and manage executive speaking engagements
- Serve as media contact for the organization
- Support the Marketing and Communications team on other projects as required
- Qualified applicants should possess:
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent in a communications-related field
- At least five years of experience in communications
- Experience as a writer, producer or broadcaster managing diverse projects
- Excellent writing and editing ability with a focus on the details
- Flexibility in communicating with diverse audiences
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply via email to email@example.com or to our office address below.
All applications are to be received no later than September 10, 2013:
HR Posting #13-018
Human Resources Department
3rd Floor, World Trade Centre, 9990 Jasper Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 1P7
EEDC thanks all applicants for their time and interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.