Assistant Chief Steward
The Assistant Chief Steward will assist in managing the daily operations within the stewarding department, and providing support to internal client groups.
Reporting to the Chief Steward, the Assistant Chief Steward will be responsible for:
• Assists in hiring, training and supervising of staff
• Maintains systematic cleaning of designated areas and supplies (i.e. kitchen areas, dishes, glassware, pots, pans and utensils);
• Maintain and lead OHS incentives at department level
• Ensures sufficient number of cleaned supplies distributed to the proper locations;
• Assists in preparing staff schedules, maintains effective communication within and between departments, takes inventory;
• Maintains departmental log book and database.
• Experience and training in the hospitality industry, with at least 3 years of supervisory experience
• Proficiency with MS Office package
• Have basic understanding of budgets, costs and accounting principles
• Ability to prioritize, plan and delegate tasks
• Strong communication skills (oral and written), combined with excellent interpersonal skills
• The ability to work well independently and with teams
• Must have unrestricted schedule availability (24/7)
All interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume, no later than March 7thth, 2014 to:
HR Posting #14-11
Human Resources Department
Shaw Conference Centre
E-Mail: Careers@edmonton.com (single-file attachment only please)
SCC thanks all applicants for their interest; however only those qualified will be contacted.