The Shaw Conference Centre is one of Canada’s major convention venues, renowned for its culinary and service excellence. We are currently recruiting for Part-time Servers to join our Banquet Department.
- Completes table set-ups in assigned station
- Asks customers’ dietary restrictions
- Serves the assigned station or location with a designated partner
- Checks with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and takes action to correct any problems
- Removes dishes and glasses from tables or counters, and takes them to kitchen for cleaning
- Maintains cleanliness of workstation
- Performs other related duties as required (e.g. bartending, cashier duties, etc.)
- Assists other employees whenever required
- Maintains all storage areas in orderly fashion
- Stocks service areas with supplies such as coffee, food, tableware, and linens
- Communicates with a senior or a manager if customers have grievances
- Reports damaged equipment to proper authorities and takes appropriate action
- Ability to deliver high level of customer service, demonstrating understanding, empathy, patience and positive service focus.
- Excellent Organisational & Planning skills
- Problem-solving ability
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Strong verbal communication/interpersonal skills
- Physical ability to carry heavy trays (30lbs), stand and walk for extended period of time.
Interested individuals are invited to submit your resume, quoting posting #13-28 to:
Shaw Conference Centre
SCC thanks all applicants; however only those qualified will be contacted.