The Receptionist will be a significant resource to the SCC Administration team by providing secretarial, clerical and administrative support. This is a temporary role; length of contract may vary, approximate contract length is 14 months.
Reporting to the Office Administrator the Receptionist will be responsible for:
• Answer all incoming calls, handle caller’s inquiries whenever possible and re-directing calls as appropriate; greet, assist and/or direct clients, guests and vendors
• Provides administrative support for the Administration Office with tasks such as filing and creating event bookings
• Maintain adequate inventory of office supplies within the Administration Office
• Coordinate the repair and maintenance of office equipment
• Handles all incoming and outgoing mail and couriers
• Tracks revenue and labour statistics from the operating departments
• Provides support to the Finance Department by accurately listing client payments for deposit
• Other duties as required
• Minimum one to two years of office administration experience, complimented by a post-secondary diploma/certificate in Office Administration, varying combinations of education and experience will be considered
• A strong work ethic with excellent customer service skills
• Proficient with MS Office suite of applications
• Proven organizational capabilities with high attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong time management skills with the ability to effectively prioritize tasks
All interested applicants should forward a covering letter and resume, along with salary expectations, no later than Friday November 8th, 2013.
HR Posting #13-45
Human Resources Department
Shaw Conference Centre
E-Mail: Careers@edmonton.com (single-file attachment only please)
SCC thanks all applicants for their interest; however only those qualified will be contacted.