The Shaw Conference Centre is one of Canada's major convention venues, renowned for its culinary and service excellence. We strive to be Greater Edmonton's flagship hospitality venue and act as an environmental responsible corporate citizen.
The Centre now has an opening for a full-time Sous Chef position. Reporting to the Executive Chef and the Executive Sous Chef, this role will assist in the day-to-day operation and administration of the kitchen. Sous Chef is also responsible for supervising and training the Kitchen staff in fulfilling the requirements of event work orders, which can vary from small functions to large events.
Major Duties include:
- Demonstrate food preparation with modern techniques and creativity;
- Feel, taste and examine appearance of food prepared and cooked by staff and inform of necessary adjustments;
- Daily supervision, give directions and assistance to staff;
- Ensure correct and timely distribution of food;
- Communicate any operational problems; discrepancies and shortages that will effect daily operations;
- Prevents waste and inefficient use of supplies.
Candidates should possess the following qualifications:
- College / CEGEP / Vocational training; Inter-provincial journeyman cook certificate;
- More than 5 years of related experience in a supervisory role;
- Ability to prioritize, access problems and make prompt decisions in fast paced work environment;
- A team player and self-starter who can work with minimal direct supervision;
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Flexibility to work early mornings, evenings and weekends as required;
- Good personal hygiene.
Interested individuals are invited to submit your resume, cover letter, quoting #13-42 no later than November 8th 2013 to:
Human Resources Department
Shaw Conference Centre
9797 Jasper Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 1N9
FAX: (780) 917-7886